Blog Archive

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Halloween (1978)

The first part of the horror sequel which was directed by John Carpenter. It is about the story of a kid that kills his sister and her boyfriend at a very young age and hides its murderous instincts untill the chance arises and he can go on killing. A lot of things are not explained in the mind of the spectator at the end of the movie and several scenes are not at all complimentary for it. However, I personally consider it an innocent attempt to create horror films in the 70s and I admit that I have enjoyed it a little bit. The young, at that time, Jamie Lee Curtis is in the lead role, whereas the very beautiful acting of Donald Pleasence in the role of Dr Loomis should be also mentioned. If I were to suggest one of these movies, I would suggest this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment